Due to Covid-19 regulations the hygienist will be placing an emphasis on hand scaling rather than using machines which create aerosols or water mists such as the ultrasonic machine or air polishing instruments. We have a limited number of appointments for aerosol creating procedures.
Changes have been made to our procedures to keep our patients and staff safe during your visit and you will be emailed with further information about these before your appointment.
We believe our hygienist fees are very reasonable. We do not charge a levy for increased PPE and overheads so as to encourage access by everyone to preventative care.
A Dental Hygienist specialises in preventative oral care. A hygienist will offer detailed, tailored advice on how best to look after your teeth and gums. They will recommend the most appropriate oral hygiene aids for each patient, give dietary advice and carry out regular scaling and polishing.
Regularly seeing your hygienist helps to prevent gum disease and keeps your breath fresh and your smile bright.
Dr Asha Singh looks after our hygiene patients and currently works alternate Saturdays.
Please call us on 020 87786797 to book an appointment. You do not need to be referred by your dentist or have had a check-up with your dentist recently but the hygienist may recommend you see your dentist for a check-up.
Routine Hygiene Visit – £47.25
- Teeth cleaning, scaling and polishing to remove plaque and calculus (tartar) that cause gum disease.
- Oral care advice and support.
Periodontal root planing – £70/session
- Cleaning of calculus (tartar) below the gum line with or without local anaesthesia.
- Monitoring of periodontal condition and liasing, if applicable, with your dentist.
- Oral health advice, support and follow-up.
- A number of sessions may be recommended by your dentist as part of your periodontal care.
Add-on cosmetic procedures:
Prophypearl Treatment – additional £25
- Kavo Prophyflex air jet polish with Kavo PROPHYpearls to remove localised staining on front teeth and brighten your smile.
Stubborn Stain Removal – additional £45
- Full mouth stain removal with KaVo ProphyFlex and Prophypearls. Ideal for smokers or those with extensive staining from tea/coffee/wine etc.
Tailor made plans, as prescribed by your dentist, can be arranged involving deep root planing/debridement to manage more aggressive gum disease.
For our terms of booking please click here to see our cancellation policy for private appointments.